Food Port Objectives
- Realisation of green transport corridors for food products achieving cost savings, high service levels and lower carbon foodprint;
- Putting into practice modal shifts through transnational business cases and pilot actions in the food sector;
- Development of technological innovation within the food supply chain through upskilling logistics service providers and implementation through demonstration pilots;
- Improvement of accessibility between the 6 partner regions e.g. identification of (new) transport links for food clusters and enhancing existing transport links;
- Creation of partnerships for collaboration in food and logistics. These partnerships will be developed at local, regional and transnational level;
- Creation of political and entrepreneurial awareness for the importance of efficient, effective and sustainable food logistic chains;
- Establishment of an improved reputation for the North Sea Region as a dynamic ‘food port region’.